Yesterday I arrived back from a week in Rarotonga after around 1 hours sleep total (broken down into 5-10 min sections) in the prior 37 hours. Not a good way to relax after a week on the island that’s for sure!
Other than the non-relaxing trip home I did enjoy Rarotonga, even though it wasn’t my ideal type of trip.
What did I enjoy?
- Wandering around Muri Beach along the shoreline.
- Checking out the markets.
- Happy Hour Cocktails.
- Team Building (Actually was fun!)
- Watching workmates sing Karaoke and dancing to cheer them on.
- Captain Tama’s Lagoon Cruise (Well worth the funds!)
- Winning a prize in the quiz at the resort for our measly 3/10 answers.
What didn’t I enjoy/didn’t do?
- Being on the back of a scooter (I lasted three days and decided I’d had enough and got the bus – I don’t like not being in control that’s for sure!)
- The price of food & drink
- The constant need for sunscreen/bug spray (my skin hated me!)
- We didn’t make it to the cross island walk
I might get to doing a few better posts explaining things a bit further down the track, for now I am attempting to stay awake at work